Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life
TV? you mean there's a world outside random documentaries, mythbusters, and dirty jobs? :P

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm
AJR wrote:
Man, you’re affected that much by TV shows you don’t like? I mean, shows I think are awful get cancelled all the time, and I never feel strongly one way or another. If I’m not watching, it doesn’t bother me.

Of those three you listed, Arrested Development is the only one I really watched. As weird as it sounds; I wasn’t really that annoyed with it ending after three seasons. I’m amazed it even lasted that long.

Well I guess i'm not really THAT affected by them, I just like to exaggerate some of my posts for comedic effect, but I was certainly happy when those shows were cancelled, one of my favorite sitcoms was "The War At Home" the sitcom that replaced Arrested Development and IMO was unfairly hated, that show introduced me to Michael Rapaport-one of my favorite character actors.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm
Spent the day yesterday digging out from the foot of snow we got. Drifts were as high as 4 feet; ends of driveways over 5 feet after the plows had done their trick. Got to meet the new neighbor who moved in last weekend a few doors down. He hadn't yet moved his blower and was trying to do his driveway by hand. Was able to clear half of it for him in about 10 minutes so he could get his truck to the garage.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

I have moved back into my old house, living with two friends. I lived there before moving in with my girlfriend last year. I get to see my cat again which is always a bonus.

to celebrate some back-pay that I got from work, I bought a 40" TV which sits at the bottom of my bed. It's glorious.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 am
I'm stuck at home for the third day in a row because of icy roads: especially frustrating because we didn't get all THAT much precipitation. It's just that the temperature won't rise above freezing to clear it off the roads.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:48 pm
Sapphire wrote:
I'm stuck at home for the third day in a row because of icy roads: especially frustrating because we didn't get all THAT much precipitation. It's just that the temperature won't rise above freezing to clear it off the roads.

And you have so much free time that you've gone and changed your avatar! I like it, even though I have no idea what it's from.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm
Director

Yay, got my second notice of admission (FSU). That makes me 2 for 3. It'd be kind of weird of if I got accepted to every university except the one I attended for my undergraduate degree :lol: Now I just have to hear from ASU and UNC.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:28 pm
firefly wrote:
Yay, got my second notice of admission (FSU). That makes me 2 for 3. It'd be kind of weird of if I got accepted to every university except the one I attended for my undergraduate degree :lol: Now I just have to hear from ASU and UNC.

That's because they have record of your hedonistic days on campus. Did you really think that they'd re-accept a noted troublemaker like you?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:42 pm
Director

ed_metal_head wrote:
firefly wrote:

That's because they have record of your hedonistic days on campus. Did you really think that they'd re-accept a noted troublemaker like you?

The secret is out :oops:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Sapphire wrote:

And you have so much free time that you've gone and changed your avatar! I like it, even though I have no idea what it's from.

It's from one of my favorite comic strips, Scary Gary http://www.creators.com/comics/scary-gary.html

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm
Random question: If I get a massage while I'm in Bangkok, what do you think the chances of getting a happy ending are?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:40 pm
spencerworth34 wrote:
Random question: If I get a massage while I'm in Bangkok, what do you think the chances of getting a happy ending are?

How much are you prepared to pay

Payment amount on y axis
Likeliness of happy ending on x axis
Line going from 0,0 at 45 degrees - do the math
Rob

I had a massage in Seoul and "Baby" offered me more,
but $0 = zero happy ending

Rob

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:05 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
spencerworth34 wrote:

How much are you prepared to pay

Payment amount on y axis
Likeliness of happy ending on x axis
Line going from 0,0 at 45 degrees - do the math
Rob

I had a massage in Seoul and "Baby" offered me more,
but $0 = zero happy ending

Rob

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant! I hope spencer actually makes that chart.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 pm
My girlfriend and I threw our first successful shindig last evening. We had about 15 people over for the Super Bowl. She did all the cooking and others brought all the beer. I helped, but mostly cleaned the place up and ran errands while she was busy in the kitchen. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

The cool part is seeing my girlfriend starting to enjoy becoming "womanly". We've been dating almost 4 years and she was in school for most of that time, but now that we're out on our own together for the first real time it's really nice to see her grow and start becoming the woman she's going to become. Personally, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other if she becomes a good cook, or housekeeper, or whatever other typically female role there is. I'll still love her and be with her even if she makes horrible food and keeps a messy house. What's important is that she wants to be a good cook, housekeeper, etc and she has insecurities about becoming one and fears that she'll fail. I guess I'm just proud that she's taken the time to work at it and seeing it pay off is really cool. So yeah, I'm proud of my girlfriend.

Also, if you ever have a Super Bowl Party, or any party that takes all day to prepare for and all night to clean up after, do yourself a favor and take that Monday off. I'm dying today and I've only been at work for 45 minutes.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 am
PeachyPete wrote:
My girlfriend and I threw our first successful shindig last evening. We had about 15 people over for the Super Bowl. She did all the cooking and others brought all the beer. I helped, but mostly cleaned the place up and ran errands while she was busy in the kitchen. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

The cool part is seeing my girlfriend starting to enjoy becoming "womanly". We've been dating almost 4 years and she was in school for most of that time, but now that we're out on our own together for the first real time it's really nice to see her grow and start becoming the woman she's going to become. Personally, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other if she becomes a good cook, or housekeeper, or whatever other typically female role there is. I'll still love her and be with her even if she makes horrible food and keeps a messy house. What's important is that she wants to be a good cook, housekeeper, etc and she has insecurities about becoming one and fears that she'll fail. I guess I'm just proud that she's taken the time to work at it and seeing it pay off is really cool. So yeah, I'm proud of my girlfriend.

Also, if you ever have a Super Bowl Party, or any party that takes all day to prepare for and all night to clean up after, do yourself a favor and take that Monday off. I'm dying today and I've only been at work for 45 minutes.

Aw Pete, you're such a secret-softy. That was a very sweet sentiment and I'm sure she'd be glad to hear it. I'm not convinced that you should let her read everything on here though. And, remember that you contributed to the party too. While she was becoming "womanly" you were out running errands and, er, supervising. I think that means you're becoming "manly" so I'm sure she feels the same way you do!

In any case, congrats on the successful party. Did your team win or were they already eliminated?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:52 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Aw Pete, you're such a secret-softy. That was a very sweet sentiment and I'm sure she'd be glad to hear it. I'm not convinced that you should let her read everything on here though. And, remember that you contributed to the party too. While she was becoming "womanly" you were out running errands and, er, supervising. I think that means you're becoming "manly" so I'm sure she feels the same way you do!

In any case, congrats on the successful party. Did your team win or were they already eliminated?

I'm very much a secret-softy. She tells me that all the time. She says it's one of the things she likes best about me.

I've let her read stuff on here before, but she doesn't have much interest. Every once in a while if I like something I, or someone else, wrote, I point her towards it. She usually ends up liking it. There's no real filter, though. I'll pretty much say anything to her that I'd say on here. I've found that I'm usually unable to filter myself. If I feel like I should, I'll just keep quiet rather than try to put something "nicely".

As for the game, my team was already eliminated. At least the game was a good, close one, though. It looked like it was going to be one-sided early, but ended up coming down to the last possession.

Is the Super Bowl covered in T&T? It's such a HUGE deal in America, and I know it's televised elsewhere, but does the rest of the world care?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:16 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
Is the Super Bowl covered in T&T? It's such a HUGE deal in America, and I know it's televised elsewhere, but does the rest of the world care?

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that question. It was on TV, but it was on FOX and NBC which are both Cable-only channels here. Local stations didn't show the game but I'm sure there was brief mention of it on the news.

Interest among locals is very limited but growing (very slowly). If you head down to a sports bar you'll find a decent size crowd following the action. However, the sport is absolutely dwarfed by the popularity of soccer (do you know how difficult it is to type that word?) both here and worldwide. The NBA is far more popular as far as US sports go. Basketball has a sizeable following and is really growing quickly. I guess it's the #3 sport now and could eclipse Cricket which is really declining in popularity.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that question. It was on TV, but it was on FOX and NBC which are both Cable-only channels here. Local stations didn't show the game but I'm sure there was brief mention of it on the news.

Interest among locals is very limited but growing (very slowly). If you head down to a sports bar you'll find a decent size crowd following the action. However, the sport is absolutely dwarfed by the popularity of soccer (do you know how difficult it is to type that word?) both here and worldwide. The NBA is far more popular as far as US sports go. Basketball has a sizeable following and is really growing quickly. I guess it's the #3 sport now and could eclipse Cricket which is really declining in popularity.

Is there a badminton following, by chance? I'm probably the only asshole on the forum who prefers [watching and playing] badminton to everything else, except maybe baseball.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 am
Pedro wrote:
Is there a badminton following, by chance? I'm probably the only asshole on the forum who prefers [watching and playing] badminton to everything else, except maybe baseball.

Badminton is probably as popular as in the US. In other words, no real following except for a few strange dudes like The Pedro. I used to play Badminton with my sister when we were younger. Only outdoors. The shuttlecock would be coming straight at you and then a gust would suddenly yank it 10 feet away. Good times, good times.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 pm
Director

I watched some badminton during the last Olympics. It was actually kind of enjoyable to watch, in a weird way. Maybe I'll get my kids trained to be Olympic Badminton athletes--the competition base has to be one of the lower of Olympic sports.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next