Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Official Questions For Rob Holloway Thread 
Post Re: Official Questions For Rob Holloway Thread
Shade wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Michael Caine, Terence Stamp, Kenneth Branagh and Richard Burton (raised from the dead) enter a steel cage. Only one may leave.

Who lives?

I know this question isn't for me, but hopefully Rob won't mind if I throw in my two cents.

This question intrigues me, because three out of four of these guys are decidedly timid dudes. Burton is the exception, but he's not really violent, just crazy, talented, bisexual, angry, smoked for 50 years (!), and just was never really totally together. Since you are raising him from the dead, does everyone get to be in their physical prime? Or everyone at their current age, and Burton at his oldest?

I suppose it doesn't matter -- Burton takes this easily. He's the toughest in the most pure sense (Stamp has the look but is actually a pretty chill guy). Plus, Burton had no fear of death -- which is the essential quality for something like this, right?

Strange question Evanflow8112,

I guess there are two answers here.

Shade beats me to it and gets the first one right of course. It's hard to imagine anyones less prevailing in such a sad contest.

However, if I get to play the evil Emperor and decide who dies and who survives... then it's a different answer
but not a lot of people know that :-)

Rob

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Post Re: Official Questions For Rob Holloway Thread
mailedbypostman wrote:
Rob,

What do you think of Scientology?

Hi Mailedbypostman

Another strange question.

I don't know a great deal about Scientology except that it was started by the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard about 50ish years ago. Of course, I've seen the endless media coverage related to Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

What little I do know, is based on various news reports and a long ago seen TV documentary. It seems to involve traveling spirits, other planets, aliens, reincarnation and dollar payments for involvement. I have no positive or negative perspective really. Sorry.

My mother is a devout Church of England protestant, my sister switched to Catholicism and I follow Buddhism. I say this because I believe that each should find their own way and if it works for them, I am happy. My mother has spent countless hours trying to convert me, I always wonder why? However, her local vicar is one of coolest guys I know. He's a Yorkshire man running a thousand year old church in a small countryside Devon parish. He's a huge character loved by his flock and everyone else in the area. When I am in the UK I know there's a wonderful evening at the pub full of discussions, anecdotes, laughs around religion, washed down with lots of real ale. I wish the world was full of people like him.

Rob

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:34 pm