Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 am

Bother 
Director

Post Re: Bother
JamesKunz wrote:
Misogyny

I hope that wasn't a subtle stab at me for my previous post Kunzy? Didn't try to indicate that by any means, if that's the case.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Critic

DunkinDan89 wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Misogyny

I hope that wasn't a subtle stab at me for my previous post Kunzy? Didn't try to indicate that by any means, if that's the case.

Nah you're cool Dan; irrespective of you, it's one of the things that really bothers me.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 pm
Women.

But really, people who don't use their turn signals should tarred and feathered. I mean Jesus, it's a flick of the wrist and it makes driving easier for everyone. Have a soul, you selfish pricks.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:04 pm
Critic

Zeppelin wrote:
But really, people who don't use their turn signals should tarred and feathered. I mean Jesus, it's a flick of the wrist and it makes driving easier for everyone. Have a soul, you selfish pricks.

Agree completely. IT'S SO FUCKING SIMPLE. ARGH!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Zeppelin wrote:

Agree completely. IT'S SO FUCKING SIMPLE. ARGH!

Same here, and while were on the subject of traffic-people who cut you off, I HATE that!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:57 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
And...I feel genuinely bad now.

:lol: :lol:

just kidding man....i dont do the whole fantasy thing anymore anyway... :P

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:44 am
People who make constructive, and even positive comments merely as set-ups for destructive/derisive criticisms. It's a waste of the listener's time and a short-coming of its speaker.

Intolerance consisting of any factor not relating to one's actions or utilizing measured judgment.

People who use money, transportation, or living spaces as means to control, dictate, or judge an individual's intellectual/social merits. I.e. thinking the clothes make the Emperor and that social indicators of success are unconditionally superb indicators of personal quality.

Depressing films which don't work. Sorry, 'Freedomland', but you have no purpose.

Japanese metal and the pale white adolescent girls who adore it.

People who cannot control their level of intensity, or the volume of their voice. In the right (wrong) situation, it is stab-worthy.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 am
Critic

Moderators who abdicate their responsibilities

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 am
Director

Quote:
Crappy, overrated films which don't work. Sorry, 'Adventureland', but you have no purpose.

Slight change; you're welcome.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:18 am
Ragnarok73 wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
I'm sure you know that my post wasn't directed at you since you don't pretend to know all there is about the game. Actually, you're being a little coy. You were ahead of me for some time in the yahoo game and while I see you're now in 4th, you still have 31 correct picks to my 32. Pretty...pretty good.

Aw, please tell me that your post was directed at ME. It'll break my heart if you don't. 8-)

:?: :!: :?:

Sorry to break your heart dude, but I was certainly not talking about you. We might have disagreed 90% of the time, but that doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate your input. To clarify: that was not even a little bit directed to anyone on this forum, but to people I deal with in this thing called "real life".

I'm sure you'll recover from the hurt soon enough ;)

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:32 am
JamesKunz wrote:
Mothers who abandon their children in used Winnebagos :evil: :x :( .... :cry:

To be fair, you're probably not going to make that great of a parent, either. Walking into the ultra-scan with a 'Get Well' card is a dead give-away that you really thought your wife was getting fat for the last couple of months.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:17 pm
Critic

Evenflow8112 wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:

To be fair, you're probably not going to make that great of a parent, either. Walking into the ultra-scan with a 'Get Well' card is a dead give-away that you really thought your wife was getting fat for the last couple of months.

That was pretty groan-worthy Philius

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
People who make constructive, and even positive comments merely as set-ups for destructive/derisive criticisms. It's a waste of the listener's time and a short-coming of its speaker.

Almost the same as another good one: people accepting an apology and then immediately turning around and itemizing why you 'wronged' them. Hurtful stuff.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:

That was pretty groan-worthy Philius

On a more serious note, James, how can we settle our bitterness towards one another in a calm, civil manner? Duel?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:31 pm
Critic

Evenflow8112 wrote:
On a more serious note, James, how can we settle our bitterness towards one another in a calm, civil manner? Duel?

Movie-trivia duel! Turn around, walk twenty paces, turn around and then fire questions at each other! In all seriousness though, I'm not bitter towards you at all, I just wish you'd either do your job or relinquish it :)

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:04 am
Director

Online libertarians.

Allow me to expand on this a bit. There are people from all across the political spectrum who are arrogant, head stuck up their ass, full of themselves and so completely sure of their own intellectual superiority that they won't listen to anyone else.

There's liberals like this. There's conservatives like this. But in all of the posting I've done on these interwebs, no one group is as bad or as douchey as libertarians. Almost all of them are complete assholes who think that their libertarianism gives them a right to be a dick to anyone who doesn't hold their point of view. Because in their mind, only their point of view is correct and everyone else is an idiot.

And they wonder why no one joins their side. What a bunch of jackwads.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 am
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Online libertarians.

Yes! Like that guy...James Berardinelli!

Actually, I don't think he's an "online" libertarian...

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Director

ed_metal_head wrote:
Yes! Like that guy...James Berardinelli!

Actually, I don't think he's an "online" libertarian...

He's nothing like some of the people I've encountered. I've run into some who think the Constitution sucks, we;ve never had a good president, and any form of government action at any level is a violation of our precious bodily fluids.

For example: "Hey, the town's going to repave that road. Cool. It's needed it for the past few years."

Libertarian a-hole: "That's ASSRAPE! DON'T TREAD ON ME! NO MOAR GOVERNMENT!"

What a bunch of intolerable schmucks.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 am
Director

Politically I have something of what I would call a "Social Libertarian" philosophy. I'm not a no-government at all Libertarian. I consider myself to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I have no use for Republicans who feel that gay marriage and the right to choose are putting America on a path towards the apocalypse unless religious morality comes riding to the rescue to save us all. And I have no use either for Democrats who feel that every problem can be solved with a tax increase.

I have no problem with people who may hold differing viewpoints from mine. If you do fine. I don't see you as a villain. In a way, I think things would get awfully boring after a while if everyone had the same opinion.

Now for things that bother me:

1: Having to stand in line at a fast food restaurant or movie theater because there are 6 registers and only one open.
2: Waiting in line to buy 1 or 2 items and the person ahead of you has a cartload.
3: So-called Modern Adult rock music. All it is a slightly more rock oriented version of what Bryan Adams used to do and it makes me want to puke as much as Bryan Adams did.
4: Wiggers and people who get into hip-hop just because it's cool and don't take time to truly understand it.
5: Ignorant racist rednecks.
6: Puritanism and PCism.
7: 95% of TV commercials.
8: The mentality that books are uncool or "so 90s"
9: People who still believe OJ didn't do it.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Last edited by Jeff Wilder on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 am
My original two bothers were resolved and facetious, respectively. Allow me to throw in some more since I'm in a bad mood.

1. People who can't park. See, parallel parking can be difficult. There's not always enough room and the maneuvering takes a long time to be comfortable with, let alone master. I'm convinced the only reason I'm halfway good at it is because San Francisco is a hellhole in this regard. However, if there are three spots free in a parking lot and one set of tires is in one spot with the other set in the other spot, you need to reevaluate your priorities and, furthermore, surrender your license. Why can't you park inside the lines? Why? I'm not talking about the compact spots in the SFSU parking garage that are basically made for mini-coopers; I'm talking about the ones in the Best Buy parking lot that no one wants to go to. Park in between the lines, god damn it! It's not okay to park incorrectly! You know why? BECAUSE IT BOTHERS ME AND THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME. Sheesh.

2. Girl problems! I'm sure this was predictable if you read my other post. But damn it, aren't girls confusing sometimes? It's so hard to be yourself when you tend to think of yourself as a walking deal-breaker.

3. Dust. Why must you accumulate?!

4. Teacher who write unhelpful negative feedback on my essays. I understand that sometimes my brain jumps from one idea to another without much of a connecting thread, but criticizing me for doing something you told me to do is egregious and unforgivable. You should know how to give feedback on essays, so don't contradict yourself. It's deeply unprofessional.

5. The opening shift. 8:45-5:00 is a killer, and yet people do this all the time! And earlier! Sometimes significantly earlier! Shit, my father wakes up at 4:00 for work. Man I'm not meant for a normal job.

Not bitter not bitter not bitter.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm