Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What's your drink? 
Post Re: What's your drink?
And a hint for those without umlauts on their keyboard, ALT132 (on the keypad, not the number row) = ä ;)

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 pm
Apple juice. Or pear juice.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 pm
MunichMan wrote:
Don't know how I missed this thread. Probably due to too much partaking...

I love Beer. Living here in the Holy Land of the Golden Nectar is like a dream come true. I prefer Weissbier, but like a good Helles as well. I have often made the obligatory pilgrimage to Kloster Andechs to partake of the wonderful dark beer they serve there and have also been to the Weihenstephan brewery on more than a few occasions, the oldest brewery in the world. They have been brewing beer there since 725, and officially received a license to sell it in 1040. They've been going ever since. I think they've had some time to get it right. Both Andechs and Weihenstephan are only about 30 minutes from here.

I was never a big tequila fan, but my cousin, who lives in San Diego recently came to visit and he brought a bottle of Patrón anejo as a gift. Wow, were my eyes opened. I look forward to discovering the world of high-end sipping tequila. Definitely made me rethink my image of tequila as a frat boy shooter drink. And I always hated the taste/smell of tequila. The Patron experience was similar to a fine whisky.

Back when I started this thread I was actually waiting for you to come out and say something about beer MunichMan. But now I'm jealous and I hate you.

And I totally agree with what you said about tequila. You get into high-end tequila and it is completely similar to a fine whisky. Pour it in a snifter, smell, sip...DO NOT SHOOT! And if you use salt and lime with one of these types of tequilas, I will magically appear* and punch you in the neck.

*I stole that from somebody. I'm not OG.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm
Colin wrote:
Beer - Anything dark and strong lol (yes yes we all know how that phrase can be twisted around)

Colin...you mind telling us his name? No really, which ones are you favorites?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 pm
Oh...and I'm really curious if aameen is finally off that no-sex order from the doctor.

Hopefully that wasn't too hard an order for him to obey.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm
On a non-alcoholic beverage note: Ginger ale goes well with a variety of fruit juices- pineapple, apple, orange, etc. My favorite combination is ginger ale and pineapple juice; second favorite for me is lemonade. Those juices can also go fairly well with the stronger ginger beer. Great drinks for hot summer days, they all are.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Guys...it's the holidays.

Does what you drink change this time of year? Who are the eggnogging dudes? Cocktails? Hot Toddy's anyone? Champurrado?

What's in your hand right now?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 pm
ram1312 wrote:

A magic mouse :-)
Rob

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:26 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
ram1312 wrote:

A magic mouse :-)
Rob

What wine is it tonight Robby man?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:29 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Hoegaarden is my favourite drink.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:34 am
If I drink a few beers this time of year it's almost always some sort of heavy lager. Sam Adams Winter Lager is a favorite and I've recently discovered Flying Dog's Amber Lager. Flying Dog is an awesome brewery in Maryland that makes great beer.

I actually cracked open a Miller Lite the other night after having an Amber Lager and the former tasted like watered down piss. Lite beer was a staple of my partying high school and college days, and now I can hardly even hold it down. It's pure shit, really.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:11 am
Lite beer is kind of like a McDonalds hamburger. Sure, you normally prefer a nice steak, or at least a restaurant-quality burger, but every once in a while you just need to smash back something quick and cheap.

The "steak" in this analogy would probably mean something dark, frothy, and from the other side of the pond.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:56 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
If I drink a few beers this time of year it's almost always some sort of heavy lager. Sam Adams Winter Lager is a favorite and I've recently discovered Flying Dog's Amber Lager. Flying Dog is an awesome brewery in Maryland that makes great beer.

I actually cracked open a Miller Lite the other night after having an Amber Lager and the former tasted like watered down piss. Lite beer was a staple of my partying high school and college days, and now I can hardly even hold it down. It's pure shit, really.

I disagree, it's more like pure piss than pure shit.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:04 pm
ram1312 wrote:
Guys...it's the holidays.

Does what you drink change this time of year? Who are the eggnogging dudes? Cocktails? Hot Toddy's anyone? Champurrado?

There are two popular home-made drinks here during the Christmas period.

Punch a Creme is a sort of alcoholic eggnog. It's similar but not exactly the same. However, by far the most popular drink at this time is Sorrel. I think it's because the Sorrel plant ripens at this time of year and both the plant and the drink are Christmas red. Of course, I've found recipes (with pictures) for both.

http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/punch-de-creme/

http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/sorrel-drink/

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 pm
Cinematographer

Quit the alcohol 8 years ago. Back in the day my standard drink was Budweiser (lived in St. Louis for 8 years and it was mandatory).

My favorites were Black and Tans (Murphy's Stout topped with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale), almost any brew pub Porter, Pete's Wicked Ale, and Rogue's Dead Guy. Also would gift myself a bottle of Laphroaig every Christmas.

Now its just water and unsweet ice tea. My wife and my liver are both much happier. :)

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:37 pm
Currently drinking a glass of Seagrams 7. I apologize if my uncreativity has offended anybody.

Much as the whiskey is currently hammering my liver, this qrst431 guy has really hammered the forum with his offerings of WoW gold. Best to keep the moderating staff on their toes, I guess.

There's a bar in town here that has a decent beer list. I recommend Sapient Trip Ale for anybody in a position to try it, plus numerous other beers that I'm sure I'll remember to post later.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 am
Ken wrote:
Currently drinking a glass of Seagrams 7. I apologize if my uncreativity has offended anybody.

Much as the whiskey is currently hammering my liver, this qrst431 guy has really hammered the forum with his offerings of WoW gold. Best to keep the moderating staff on their toes, I guess.

There's a bar in town here that has a decent beer list. I recommend Sapient Trip Ale for anybody in a position to try it, plus numerous other beers that I'm sure I'll remember to post later.

Yeesh, that guy caused quick a ruckus. He has been exorcised. More will come, though. More will come.

In other news, I'm trying to quit soda. I think I'm doing a decent job.

I'm also trying to get into wine. Any advice for a newbie?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:23 am
Pedro wrote:
In other news, I'm trying to quit soda. I think I'm doing a decent job.

I'm also trying to get into wine. Any advice for a newbie?

I quit soda more than 5 years ago. That, coupled with a few other small changes to my diet, lead to me gradually dropping about 30 pounds. Quitting was rather difficult but these days I sometimes have a soda when there's nothing else. I have to say that I don't miss it. Once you've de-acquired (is this even a word?) the taste soda comes across as rather nasty.

I like the very occasional glass of wine but unfortunately I can't offer any advice. Rob's probably the go-to guy there. Or PeachyPete. I hear he loves wine.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 pm
I don't really like the taste of alcohol much at all, i've occasionally sampled it but i've never had a whole glass of any type of liquor, frankly I don't see the appeal of getting drunk, dosen't sound like fun at all.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:36 pm
I don't (and never have) drink to get drunk. I enjoy the complexities of good alcoholic drinks. There is so much going on in a glass of good wine, whisky, tequila (which I only recently discovered) or beer. It's like a symphony in your mouth and nose (which work together). Drinking complementary wines with the right foods is also wonderful, as they bring out the best qualities of each and enhance the dining experience.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:14 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next