Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 pm

What's your drink? 
Post What's your drink?
Reelviews Forum members...what can I get you?

What's you drink? And I'm not just talking alcoholic stuff...any type of drink. Be it milk, cranberry juice, Guinness, Chivas on the rocks, water...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm
Post Re: What's your drink?
Great thread idea... wish I had thought of it.

I'll take a green tea, the more bitter the better.

No alky hall but once every few years... hate even a mild effect (most of the time, anyway... I've been known to suck at mama whiskey's nipples).

Maybe a Walker, red label. Nothing fancy.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm
I'm a big fan of apple juice. I drink it every morning.

As far as alcohol, I take a page out of The Dude's book - give me a caucasian.

My beer of choice is Sam Adams, any variety is pretty good.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm
Critic

Coca-Cola in (order of preference) a glass bottle, from a fountain, in a can, or if I have to a plastic bottle.

I don't drink alcohol and never have so that'll have to do

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:47 pm
Normal Drink - Chocolate Milk
Soda: Root Beer
Alcohol: A beer of some kind since I quit the hard liquors since some unpleasantness happened on October 2007

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 pm
Me...I'm a beer guy. Dark beer. Some of my favorites are Guinness, Newcastle, Negra Modelo, Fat Tire, amongst a lot of others.

I know we've got some member's from Germany, Australia...Trinidad. What are the local favorites there?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:57 pm
I'm not a huge drinker, though I've gone on my share of binges. For beer: Coors for American, Rickard's White for Canadian, and Corona for anywhere else (yes, I know it's considered piss in Mexico). I generally prefer drinks with spirits in them, and I also occasionally like to try alcoholic beverages that I've only heard about, like:

- Mead: I've yet to find a good one, though.
- Arak: I understand now why they have to cut this with water (80% alcohol). I'd go blind drinking it straight.
- Kumiss: This is one I'm still looking to try, as it's hard to find in North America.
- Absinthe: The only one I tried was a Canadian one called "Taboo", and it wasn't the greatest. BTW, I've also tried the Czech ripoffs (called "Absinth" without the "e" at the end)- most of them are simply crappy.
- Cider and Black: This is apparently a popular pub drink in the UK, and after having tried it, I can see why. The currant flavor of the Creme de Cassis goes very well with most ciders, IMO.
- Makeolli: I've heard some good things about this Korean rice drink, but haven't been able to find it here yet.

Most of the time, I drink juices (apple, pineapple, and mango are my favorites), specialty sodas (like Stewarts), and water. For regular soft drinks, I generally drink ginger ale or ginger beer. But look at me ramble about beverages.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:15 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
No alky hall but once every few years... hate even a mild effect (most of the time, anyway... I've been known to suck at mama whiskey's nipples).

And we, the lucky forum members, we're exposed to the last majoraphasia drink.

http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?p=41241#p41241

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
As far as alcohol, I take a page out of The Dude's book - give me a caucasian.

My beer of choice is Sam Adams, any variety is pretty good.

Dude...Pete. What's your mix for the White Russian. I know it's vodka, Kahlua, and milk. Right? Do you use milk...half-and-half?

And Sam Adams has to be the best mass produced beer here in the States. I especially love their Seasonal and Holiday brews (Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig, Holiday Porter).

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm
ram1312 wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

And we, the lucky forum members, we're exposed to the last majoraphasia drink.

http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?p=41241#p41241

:)

I ended up getting sick later! I barely remember anything about that post save for the confession.

Also: man, I use the words "nipple", "mama" and "I" more than any other.

I, nipple mama, will be having a Sam Adams in salute to this thread. Just the one.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:44 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Coca-Cola in (order of preference) a glass bottle, from a fountain, in a can, or if I have to a plastic bottle.

You win. I'm in the midst of losing a crazy amount of weight, and this is the first thing I had to get rid of. Oh how I miss you Coca Cola.

For the alcoholic side of my life, I drink Bud-Light as I live 2 blocks from the St. Louis A&B/In Bev Brewery. For the REAL alcoholic side of my life I enjoy Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka. If you haven't tried it on a summer day, cut with water, you haven't truly enjoyed a summer day.

For the non alcoholic healthy portion of my life, I inhale smoothies. Not corpo smoothies, but real strawberries, bananas, blackberries, and etc. chopped to bits in my magic bullet. MMMMM smooooothies.....

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm
My favorite pop/soda is Dr. Pepper. When it comes to beer I dig whatever is free. When I buy I like to mix it up and try new beers. I currently have Hofbrau Heffe Weizen in the ol' icebox.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:47 pm
Rich chocolately Ovaltine in skim milk.

-No, I'm not kidding. I have some every morning. It's like a liquid bowl of cereal.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:50 pm
If I'm choosing soda, it's gotta be Vernors ginger ale.

When it comes to beer, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends! My other favorite is Newcastle.

On special occasions, I've been known to request Whiskey 7's.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 pm
P
Blonde Almond wrote:
If I'm choosing soda, it's gotta be Vernors ginger ale.

+ sunflower seeds = delicious

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 pm
If this thread doesn't get at least 100 posts I'm going to team up with ram1312 and come to your house for an old-fashioned beatdown.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm
JamesKunz wrote:

I like how you put the order of preference there Kunz. If you ask me, glass bottle is definitely the way to go with the soda...especially if it's coming out of a cooler full of ice water. Too bad the U.S. doesn't do the recyclable glass bottles like some other countries.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:53 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
If this thread doesn't get at least 100 posts I'm going to team up with ram1312 and come to your house for an old-fashioned beatdown.

:lol:

You have got to be a blast when you are at least a little drunk, man. If you are this much fun sober...geez. Your wife must have a sore jaw all the time...

From laughing, I mean.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:02 pm
Patrick wrote:
Normal Drink - Chocolate Milk
Soda: Root Beer
Alcohol: A beer of some kind since I quit the hard liquors since some unpleasantness happened on October 2007

Okay Pats...I'm digging now.

Gotta know about the unpleasantness that happened on October 2007.

And another thing...when I went to school in the midwest here in the states, I found a place called A&W Restaurant. Now, I knew about A&W Root Beer, but not the restaurant. They have that root beer on tap...ON TAP! This was completely new to me. And it was effing delicious.

Tell me you've had root beer on tap...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
I'm not a huge drinker, though I've gone on my share of binges. For beer: Coors for American, Rickard's White for Canadian, and Corona for anywhere else (yes, I know it's considered piss in Mexico). I generally prefer drinks with spirits in them, and I also occasionally like to try alcoholic beverages that I've only heard about, like:

- Mead: I've yet to find a good one, though.
- Arak: I understand now why they have to cut this with water (80% alcohol). I'd go blind drinking it straight.
- Kumiss: This is one I'm still looking to try, as it's hard to find in North America.
- Absinthe: The only one I tried was a Canadian one called "Taboo", and it wasn't the greatest. BTW, I've also tried the Czech ripoffs (called "Absinth" without the "e" at the end)- most of them are simply crappy.
- Cider and Black: This is apparently a popular pub drink in the UK, and after having tried it, I can see why. The currant flavor of the Creme de Cassis goes very well with most ciders, IMO.
- Makeolli: I've heard some good things about this Korean rice drink, but haven't been able to find it here yet.

Most of the time, I drink juices (apple, pineapple, and mango are my favorites), specialty sodas (like Stewarts), and water. For regular soft drinks, I generally drink ginger ale or ginger beer. But look at me ramble about beverages.

Rag...this is what I was looking for in this thread. I have only heard of 2 of the 6 you listed. Unless...

Is Arak the clear stuff that when you cut with water turns...black? And tastes like black licorice? One of my old buddies is Arabic and I was exposed to something like this in college.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 pm