Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:01 am

The Up Blu Ray is being priced at $45. 
Post The Up Blu Ray is being priced at $45.
http://www.amazon.com/Up-Blu-ray-Edward ... 001KVZ6G6/

And this is the standard edition, not the collector's. What the hell is Disney playing at?

(As a sidenote, the "$74 Value" sticker on the cover made me laugh)

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm
Post Re: The Up Blu Ray is being priced at $45.
Ickibod wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Up-Blu-ray-Edward-Asner/dp/B001KVZ6G6/

And this is the standard edition, not the collector's. What the hell is Disney playing at?

(As a sidenote, the "$74 Value" sticker on the cover made me laugh)

Amazon didn't have the features so maybe it's just incredibly loaded....or it comes with a Blu-Ray player so you can watch it.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm
Maybe it'll retail for $45. Maybe. Not likely.

Amazon is only trustworthy if you're looking to price a movie that can be purchased, and shipped, in the next few hours. Their prices fluctuate wackily (I picked up Criterion's L'Avventura for all of $11.00 (!! and that was new!) for 2 discs - the list price is $39.99) and they list products that won't ever be available in this universe.

I'm referring, of course, to the Kill Bill: Whole Bloody Affair 4-DVD extravaganza they advertised for months at a price of, I believe, $69.00. It never existed, it wasn't ever in production (so far as I know) and the unedited Kill Bill won't likely be available unless all of the petitions in the universe somehow start making a difference. Which they won't. And so, alas, no 4+ hour Kill Bill. But the good news is this: most likely no $45.00 Up. $45.00 for a DVD means it must be able to satisfy at least 6 of my basic human needs for me to foot that nutty bill.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 am
Cinematographer

I think the Amazon price fluctuations are a recent thing. Before the past couple of months, where they this unstable? I don't think they were...

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 am
Site Admin

majoraphasia wrote:
I'm referring, of course, to the Kill Bill: Whole Bloody Affair 4-DVD extravaganza they advertised for months at a price of, I believe, $69.00. It never existed, it wasn't ever in production (so far as I know) and the unedited Kill Bill won't likely be available unless all of the petitions in the universe somehow start making a difference. Which they won't. And so, alas, no 4+ hour Kill Bill.

It did exist in prototype form (although it never went into production) and there was a planned release. I forget the specifics of what killed it, but it had to do with the Miramax/Weinstein breakup. I believe the story is that the 4-DVD set was planned to be released by Miramax but Harvey got the title as part of the divorce settlement. However, although he had the right to release the thing, he didn't have the money to do it, so it got put on the back burner. Of course, now that The Weinstein Company is in deep financial doo-doo (they have to have a co-distributor for everything and almost always sell off the international and home video rights), it's not likely this will be coming out anytime soon.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
How do you spell $45

Rip

I just do not believe that this film - as a family friendly kiddie related film - will be at $45

Rob

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:50 am