Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Player for scratched disks 
Post Player for scratched disks
I was wondering if anyone has noted makes or models of DVD players that do a better job of playing scratched disks??

I've been getting a few DVD's from the library that have just a few small scratches on them, not bad enough for the library to put in the cleaner, but bad enough to give skips on my player.

Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 pm
Post Re: Player for scratched disks
I've had that happen before as well, my library won't repair discs that are loaned form other libraries, so I end up having to clean them myself, I use something called the Disc DR. to clean discs. My Samsung DVD-V2000 player has trouble playing some scratched discs, my Zenith 4HD player usually handles them better, i've also found that scratched discs will usually play better on DVD-ROMs.

Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm
I used to have a Disc Dr. It worked pretty well on CDs, but I can't recall trying it on DVDs or any other kind of later-generation disc media.

Tue May 01, 2012 3:14 pm
Use toothpaste and water. Just run the disc under cold water and rub out the scratches with some toothpaste using your thumb or a soft rag. Works every time for me.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:41 pm