Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 am

PS3, 360 or Wii? 
Post Re: PS3, 360 or Wii?
The only system I own is a Wii, and I'm not going to lie about the quality of its library: most of it sucks. However, its not without good games. First there are the ones straight from Nintendo: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Punch Out, etc. Also, New Super Mario Bros., Redsteel 2, Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid: Other M, are coming up soon. Not only that, but there's Resident Evil 4, one of the best hardcore games I've played on the wii. Nintendo is rereleasing the other classic resident evil games as well. Also coming up is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a re imagining of the first game in the series. High Voltage Software recently released The Conduit, a first person shooter exclusively for the wii. It's not the greatest single player game in the world, but it has excellent online multiplayer. HVS is also currently working on Gladiator A.D. - a fighting game about Roman gladiators, and The Grinder- a first person shooter/survival horror.

All of this, including the wii shop channel, makes the Nintendo Wii worthwhile. There may be lots of crap to wade through, but that doesn't mean that there's not anything good at all.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am
Slade wrote:
The only system I own is a Wii, and I'm not going to lie about the quality of its library: most of it sucks. However, its not without good games. First there are the ones straight from Nintendo: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Punch Out, etc. Also, New Super Mario Bros., Redsteel 2, Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid: Other M, are coming up soon. Not only that, but there's Resident Evil 4, one of the best hardcore games I've played on the wii. Nintendo is rereleasing the other classic resident evil games as well. Also coming up is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a re imagining of the first game in the series. High Voltage Software recently released The Conduit, a first person shooter exclusively for the wii. It's not the greatest single player game in the world, but it has excellent online multiplayer. HVS is also currently working on Gladiator A.D. - a fighting game about Roman gladiators, and The Grinder- a first person shooter/survival horror.

All of this, including the wii shop channel, makes the Nintendo Wii worthwhile. There may be lots of crap to wade through, but that doesn't mean that there's not anything good at all.

I agree about there being a couple great games - Super Mario Galaxy is fantastic.

I also think that the wii motion controls that I criticized earlier are awesome for shooters. Just like Duck Hunt of old, you can point and shoot. I didn't have the gun attachment, but I assume that is cool too. The only problem then is the low number of quality shooters on the console, since that is not the focus of the more casual-gaming oriented wii. The other issue is that I am used to quality graphics for shooters so I can see what I'm shooting at, and on the wii everything is pixelated and confusing.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:17 pm
The Wii is fun for a while, but if you really want to be gaming, the 360 is the way to go. It has the best lineup and best multiplayer service of all three. Halo, Mass Effect, Valve games, and the list goes on and on.

I like my PS3, too, and use it more, but not as a game console. I use it primarily as a Blu-Ray player and have played only three games- Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, and the Watchmen game which came with the Bluray disc.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am