Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bands that you would like to see re-unite 
Post Re: Bands that you would like to see re-unite
jksander wrote:
Rage Against The Machine! Hands down ...

Like I said a few posts back, they have re-united and are back to raging against machines

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:02 pm
But are they working on new material, or just doing the occasional show?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:32 pm
jksander wrote:
But are they working on new material, or just doing the occasional show?

They do shows, no word on any new material

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 pm
I keep hoping for Zach De La Rocha's long awaited solo album. I've had to settle for One Day As A Lion's EP, which was a pretty good taste, though not enough to fully whet my appetite.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 pm
The band I really want to see reunite is Moist, a Canadian band who had some success in the mid-90s before David Usher went solo. They've never actually officially broken up, so I'm crossing my fingers.

A band that I do not want to see come back is Led Zeppelin sans Robert Plant. How can they even consider this? Even with all that money on the table. If Plant doesn't want to do it, then they should forget about it. I never liked Queen coming back with Paul Rodgers, and I'm not going to like Zeppelin with anyone other then Robert Plant.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 am
Post Re: Bands that you like to see re-unite
Patrick wrote:
sheryl wrote:
Blind Faith (don't know if all members are still alive)

Soundgarden

All the famous guitar players for Yardbirds (Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Paige). I don't think they played in the band at the same time but it would be nice to see the 3 of them in one band.

The Who and Pink Floyd have performed reunion concerts/shows recently, right?

New Kids on the Block reunited recently too lol

No disrespect towards Black Hole Sun but I'd rather see Audioslave reunite than Soundgarden.

As for Beck, Clapton and Page in one band, that's just too much awesome-ness for the universe to contain. Why do you think that none of the three have been in the same room at the same time?

I never got into Audioslave. Do you know who is better? RATM. Know who else is better? Soundgarden.

I saw Rage in January 2008. Even better than you would expect.

Now I have seen Rage, and now that I have seen the Pixies (March 07, thank you Richard Branson), I would like to see The Smiths.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:49 am
THE CRANBERIES

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 pm
A Perfect Circle

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:02 pm
Faith No More. The greatest band of the 1990's.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 pm
Patrick wrote:
jksander wrote:

Like I said a few posts back, they have re-united and are back to raging against machines

so morello left audioslave?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:12 am
Audioslave disbanded completely I think.

Also because it seems relevant, my favorite band, Jane's Addiction, reunited last year after 18 years and is now set to tour!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:17 am
Talking Heads and The Smiths. Neither will ever happen especially The Smiths because I heard that Morrisey said in an interview that he would rather be castrated than have a Smiths reunion.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 am
sheryl wrote:
Patrick wrote:
jksander wrote:

so morello left audioslave?

Cornell left Audioslave and since the rest of Audioslave was RATM without Zach, they went back to Zach and hence, a RATM reunion

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:32 am
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - but that would mean resurrecting Alex - if only that were possible... :roll:

Since I'm stuck in the 70's (ah, the real Prog Rock days...Image) perhaps ELP and Yes (but only with Wakeman, Bruford, Howe, Squire and Anderson).

Status Quo...forget it, they're still going...

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:49 am
Uncle Tupelo

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:05 pm
Pink Floyd. They reunited briefly for Live 8, but I what I really want is a new album.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm
The Afghan Whigs. They did reunite a couple of years ago to record two new songs for the Unbreakable collection. Both the new tracks were good, and it would be great to hear a whole album's worth of new material.

On the flipside, a band that should have stayed broken up: The Smashing Pumpkins. With only half the band, they're not the same; I still like their albums from the original incarnation of the band, but the new stuff is a disappointment.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm
What is it?

It's it!

Quote:
And now, thanks to a press release touting singer Mike Patton's involvement in the "major motion film 'Crank 2: High Voltage,' " we know that Faith No More — the much-celebrated, much-missed art-rock act that he fronted from 1989 until its dissolution in 1998 — are finally reuniting.

That news was, er, broken, in the final line of the press release sent late Monday night, which listed Patton's upcoming performance schedule, including a stop at the Coachella festival and "the highly anticipated reunion tour with Faith No More in Europe this summer." Needless to say, long-suffering FNM fans were pumped.

But is the news true? MTV News contacted Patton's publicist, who told us that yes, the Faith No More reunion is happening ... and no, they're not going to be playing any dates in the U.S. (sorry, Coachella fans). This is will be a strictly European affair.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! If they appear anywhere near Finland I'm so there.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 pm
Sören Höglund wrote:
What is it?

It's it!

Quote:
And now, thanks to a press release touting singer Mike Patton's involvement in the "major motion film 'Crank 2: High Voltage,' " we know that Faith No More — the much-celebrated, much-missed art-rock act that he fronted from 1989 until its dissolution in 1998 — are finally reuniting.

That news was, er, broken, in the final line of the press release sent late Monday night, which listed Patton's upcoming performance schedule, including a stop at the Coachella festival and "the highly anticipated reunion tour with Faith No More in Europe this summer." Needless to say, long-suffering FNM fans were pumped.

But is the news true? MTV News contacted Patton's publicist, who told us that yes, the Faith No More reunion is happening ... and no, they're not going to be playing any dates in the U.S. (sorry, Coachella fans). This is will be a strictly European affair.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! If they appear anywhere near Finland I'm so there.

Damn you Europe! Damn you straight to hell!

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:31 pm
dc Talk

As a child who grew up in a Baptist home, I was only able to listen to oldies or religious music. dc Talk was the first group I listened to.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next