Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bands that you would like to see re-unite 
Post Re: Bands that you like to see re-unite
[quote="sheryl"

Not sure which "Around the world" song you guys are referring to. Red Hot Chili Peppers also had a song called Around The World in their Californication album.[/quote]

I can assure that RHCP's Around the World is nothing like Aqua's or ATC's Around the World...check them all out on YouTube

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 pm
Patrick wrote:
As for Beck, Clapton and Page in one band, that's just too much awesome-ness for the universe to contain. Why do you think that none of the three have been in the same room at the same time?

actually they did all play together once for some multiple sclerosis fundraising event back in the 80s. videos are available in youtube. you see eric clapton, steve winwood, jimmy page, jeff beck, bill wyman and charlie watts on stage together. pretty cool.

not sure why these folks won't reunite like that again... too many big egos maybe.

i know winwood and clapton performed together a year or two ago in ny

speaking of jeff beck, he played with bb king a few times. they sounded pretty good together too.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 am
Winwood and Clapton re-uniting eh? Add Ginger Baker and you have the relevant members of Blind Faith

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:11 am
Ok, I'm sorry, call me a prick, but the thread title doesn't actually make coherent sense. Please edit it before I cry :|

Also, Sheryl, as awesome as the Beck/Page/Clapton idea is, I think I would pay unlimited amounts of money to see Eric Johnson and Steve Ouimette play a cover of 'Layla' with Clapton singing. I think this could have the potential to be amazing. beyond. words.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:26 am
Well, it makes sense. It means we should list our favorite bands that seem to reunite frequently. XD I'm partial to watching Sting and The Police reunite, though I'm not sure if they've done it more than once. (Musical ignorance lol.)

But I totally didn't notice until Evenflow brought it up. <_<

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:41 am
Yeah the police mounted a worldwide tour last year. A guy in the office went, he was talking about it for months leading up to it.

Shade wrote:
My problem, again, is that you are claiming to be in the heads of certain bands, claiming that Creed et al are in it for the money, but certain other bands are not. That's bullshit. No one plays music for a living because it's easy, and everyone who does wants to make money. "Selling out" is the most misunderstood term in show business, and it works both ways: as much as I wish that, say, Linkin Park would try something new and am not impressed by their repetitiveness, I'm equally unimpressed by The Killers trying to break away and end up doing a bad Born to Run imitation.

Nothing wrong with making money doing what you love, I've got no qualms with that. If you ever do a commercial for a product, or you ever agree to tailor your music specifically to market trends, that's when I have issue. The four bands have examples, except for Linkin Park. They're just creatively bankrupt.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:12 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Ok, I'm sorry, call me a prick, but the thread title doesn't actually make coherent sense. Please edit it before I cry :|

Is the title better for you prick :)

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 am
Post Re: Bands that you would like to see re-unite
Patrick - at = Prick ;)

But seriously, thank you. The last thing we need is an Eagles thread (yes, I'm aware I've just opened Pandora's Box. And, oops).

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Patrick - at = Prick ;)

But seriously, thank you. The last thing we need is an Eagles thread (yes, I'm aware I've just opened Pandora's Box. And, oops).

But The Eagles did re-unite! I doubt it was as awesome as Hell Freezes Over but they did it again!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 pm
If we're talking about bands where all the members are still alive and can reunite, I don't know of any that I like that can. Except for maybe After Forever, a Dutch band which just announced their break-up a few days ago. Two of my favorite bands, Rage Against the Machine and Extreme recently reunited. Extreme's comeback album was one of the best from last year.

As for bands whose members may be less than alive, I would love to see Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble still kicking ass. And Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention still sticking it to the establishment.

As for either Soundgarden or Audioslave, Chris Cornell's voice is so shot right now that I cringe every time I hear him sing. I definitely think Soundgarden was the better band, but Cornell is so terrible right now he just needs to go away.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 pm
My Top 5:

The 92' lineup of Megadeth.
Richard and Linda Thompson (ha.ha.)
The Replacements
Husker Du
Rage Against The Machine

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:52 pm
Evenflow, I don't know how to tell you this but RatM did re-unite. Talisker even mentioned that he can't say them cause they just re-united.

EDIT: I meant mkratzer21, not Talisker. Sorry guys :oops:

Last edited by Patrick on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:27 pm
Oh, but I thought the point of the thread was to list bands I liked seeing reunite ;)

But yeah, oops, I guess I'll just have to go and replace them with System Of A Down, whom I believe are still on a much too long hiatus.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:32 pm
The Smiths, Nuetral Milk Hotel

Last edited by Vic on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:41 am
Vic wrote:
The Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel

Yes. Please.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:51 am
Trevor wrote:
Vic wrote:
The Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel

Yes. Please.

Seconded.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:20 pm
A couple months ago I would've said Cynic ;) , but seeing as that happened how about Joy Division. There is one very minor obstacle in the way of this happening though.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 pm
Hmm, the only band I'd care to see take another crack at it is Faith No More.
Patrick wrote:
So I have two such bands...or at least I did have two but one of them is coming back. That band is Aqua...yes the "Barbie Girl" band....shut up!

My teenage self, stuck for an eternity in a schoolbus with what felt like Aqua stuck on endless repeat, pressure beneath temples constantly building, would totally beat you to death and turn your skin into a dainty little dress. Just so you know.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm
I like to see you try Soren :D

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:07 pm
Rage Against The Machine! Hands down ...

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next