Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Bands that you would like to see re-unite 
Post Re: Bands that you would like to see re-unite
Arcturus. Full of promise, a career cut short too soon.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 pm
Guns N' Roses, the REAL band, not the poseurs that Axl is with now.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:32 am
Blur.

I miss hearing new stuff from them. They'll apparently be touring together over this coming summer but it isn't the same. They broke free from the Britpop thing in the mid-90s and, just as they were starting to release their best and most ambitious material the guitarist left and the band became a side project. They were never the best band in the world but they never did anything that wasn't great.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:02 am
Cinematographer

Audioslave. Stupid Chris Cornell needs to figure out that his solo music sucks and that he has again destroyed a fantastic band (the first time was Soundgarden).

System of a Down. Again, arrogant lead singers. Serj Tankian also needs to figure out that he is not as good as System was as a whole. It is interesting though to see what part of System he was and compare it to Daron Malakian's band Scars on Broadway, which is actually pretty good.

Incubus. Yeah, I know it's just a hiatus, and they will come back, and they had legit reasons for taking a break, but I love this band too much to let them put down their instruments.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 am
I saw Don Mclean in Whitewater, WI several years ago and his voice was shot, but this link shows what a great songwriter he is and what a great voice he had back in the day. It's a tribute song to Vincent Van Gogh and I think it's delivered wonderfully here, live. At the show all through his set there was this girl screaming for him to do "Vincent" after every song. After about the sixth or seventh time he looked out and said, "Don't worry, darlin' -- like John Wayne used to say, "I aim to do what I come here to do"...he did it next-to-last (before "American Pie") & people went nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9ARdPH ... re=related

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:46 pm
I have revived this thread to say this:

Creed's coming back....now I have no one to see re-unite!

Tue May 05, 2009 3:15 pm
Patrick wrote:
I have revived this thread to say this:

Creed's coming back....now I have no one to see re-unite!

Meh :)

I liked Creed at one point, but earlier in this thread we discussed arrogant lead singers. Certainly Scott Stapp fits that description.

One other band I just thought of: Flaw. Put out two great albums, then broke up. Would love to hear more from them.

Tue May 05, 2009 5:10 pm
Director

Scott Stapp is a complete tool, but I really like "Creed", "Human Clay" and "Weathered" are both solid CDs.

As for me, my two favorite bands, Rage Against the Machine, and System of a Down aren't making any more tracks. Although Rage is touring over in Europe, its rumored they aren't interested right now in making more tracks, just going across the world and preaching their message.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Wed May 06, 2009 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Quote:
Although Rage is touring over in Europe, its rumored they aren't interested right now in making more tracks, just going across the world and preaching their message.

I read somewhere, I think Revolver maybe, that Tom Morello said that he feels Rages music is more relevant today than it was when it was written, so there's no reason for Rage to write new music. What a phenominal band. Technically they are "reunited" but I would love to hear some new music and a full tour instead of just political rallies and major festivals but they've earned the right to do what they want to do and when they want to do it.

How about an N'Sync reunion......... :lol:

Thu May 07, 2009 1:57 am
Director

darthyoshi wrote:
Audioslave. Stupid Chris Cornell needs to figure out that his solo music sucks and that he has again destroyed a fantastic band (the first time was Soundgarden).

System of a Down. Again, arrogant lead singers. Serj Tankian also needs to figure out that he is not as good as System was as a whole. It is interesting though to see what part of System he was and compare it to Daron Malakian's band Scars on Broadway, which is actually pretty good.

Incubus. Yeah, I know it's just a hiatus, and they will come back, and they had legit reasons for taking a break, but I love this band too much to let them put down their instruments.

It wasn't Tankian's fault System broke up dude. Malakain was trying to take over the band (which is evident in "Hypnotize" where he sings in every track, including the god-awful "She's Like Heroin", System's only bad track in my opinion). Tankian thought the band was getting to selfish and wasn't concentrating on what they felt was important when they started, as is my understanding. Tankian's solo album was still a blast though, very underrated CD.

Audioslave is a very good, underrated band. Their first album is among my favorites. Cornell isn't a terrible solo artist, but he's not a good one either. For a guy with such incredible talent and a unique voice, he should be in a rock band. Then again, if Audioslave never broke up, Rage Against the Machine never would've reunited :/.

Incubus back in the day was good. "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" is a phenomenal album, and "Redefine" is one of my favorite songs. Some of their mainstream stuff doesn't work for me, I want the funkiness that made albums like "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" and "Fungus Amungus" so special, back.

Thu May 07, 2009 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Director

stiefmo wrote:
Quote:
Although Rage is touring over in Europe, its rumored they aren't interested right now in making more tracks, just going across the world and preaching their message.

I read somewhere, I think Revolver maybe, that Tom Morello said that he feels Rages music is more relevant today than it was when it was written, so there's no reason for Rage to write new music. What a phenominal band. Technically they are "reunited" but I would love to hear some new music and a full tour instead of just political rallies and major festivals but they've earned the right to do what they want to do and when they want to do it.

How about an N'Sync reunion......... :lol:

What Morello said is dead-on. However, I want new Rage tracks. Zach has had eight years to think of new ideas he wants to express, I loved the way he spits out the lyrics.

As far as N'Sync, I'm not gonna lie, I liked them when I was like in elementary school when they were popular, lol. Conan O'Brien did a hilarious mockery of boy bands on his show one time, it was actually in the "archives" during his last week on "Late Night" where he would show some of his favorite clips. That's what comes to mind now when I think of boy bands.

Thu May 07, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Patrick wrote:
Sören Höglund wrote:
What is it?

It's it!

Quote:
And now, thanks to a press release touting singer Mike Patton's involvement in the "major motion film 'Crank 2: High Voltage,' " we know that Faith No More — the much-celebrated, much-missed art-rock act that he fronted from 1989 until its dissolution in 1998 — are finally reuniting.

That news was, er, broken, in the final line of the press release sent late Monday night, which listed Patton's upcoming performance schedule, including a stop at the Coachella festival and "the highly anticipated reunion tour with Faith No More in Europe this summer." Needless to say, long-suffering FNM fans were pumped.

But is the news true? MTV News contacted Patton's publicist, who told us that yes, the Faith No More reunion is happening ... and no, they're not going to be playing any dates in the U.S. (sorry, Coachella fans). This is will be a strictly European affair.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! If they appear anywhere near Finland I'm so there.

Damn you Europe! Damn you straight to hell!

Guess who just bought a ticket to the rock festival in his town where Faith No More will be performing?

Oh yeah. 8-)

Thu May 21, 2009 11:46 am
Saosin with Anthony Green. I love both Circa Survive and Saosin but it's a shame that Green was removed from the band (rumored to be because of a drug problem which he has now kicked) and a reunion between Saosin and Green would be earth shattering.

Mon May 25, 2009 5:59 pm
I can't believe Creed is doing a reunion tour. I loved them when they were together but they need to live it in the past, imo. Alter Bridge is a superior band in every way. Myles Kennedy could sing circles around one-note Scott Stapp. The only good thing that will come out of this is more money in the pockets of the band members to make a much superior third Alter Bridge album. (note: Alter Bridge is my favorite band and Blackbird is a better song than anything Creed ever did).

Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 pm
Blace wrote:
I can't believe Creed is doing a reunion tour. I loved them when they were together but they need to live it in the past, imo. Alter Bridge is a superior band in every way. Myles Kennedy could sing circles around one-note Scott Stapp. The only good thing that will come out of this is more money in the pockets of the band members to make a much superior third Alter Bridge album. (note: Alter Bridge is my favorite band and Blackbird is a better song than anything Creed ever did).

Alter Bridge good? I can't believe what I'm hearing, they're far more lifeless than Creed. And I even gave them a fair chance but I just can't get into them. It just proves that the band needs Scott Stapp as much as Scott Stapp needs the band(but in fairness, Alter Bridge is better than Stapp's solo stuff).

Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm
I found Alter Bridge's first album to be pretty much the same stuff as Creed, but their second album (Blackbird) was the first time that Myles got to write lyrics and help in the creative process of the band, and it helped immensely. I like every single song on the album and it got rave reviews from critics.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/cdreviews/clar ... ckbird.htm
http://www.tunelab.com/reviews/reviewid147.php
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=13800

Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 pm
mos tof the bands I want to see reunited are obscure 80s hair metal bands that most likely no one on here has heard of. For modern bands, only one I can think of that I miss is Coal Chamber.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:06 am