Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 pm

James Berardinelli's reviews no longer listed on IMDB? 
Post James Berardinelli's reviews no longer listed on IMDB?
Sorry if this topic has already been discussed elsewhere and I have no objection to the post being moved to an existing thread.

Any way, the subject says it all, I can't seem to find James's reviews on IMDB's External review pages. For years they used to be listed 2nd after Ebert's. What happened? :shock:

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm
Post Re: James Berardinelli's reviews no longer listed on IMDB?
James Berardinelli wrote:
IMDb, by the way, is no longer a good way to determine if I reviewed something. They are unable to "decode" my database so they only have records of the html reviews. (At last communication, they were "working on it," but I don't think they're doing anything.)

Mystery solved.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 pm
Thanks a lot Patrick. Simply searching for the word "imdb" on this forum is futile.

This situation can't be doing James's hits any good.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 pm
apatt wrote:
Thanks a lot Patrick. Simply searching for the word "imdb" on this forum is futile.

Well some movies still have James listed at #2 but I looked at the TF2 reviews and his wasn't listed at all. I remember when he first changed the site, his reviews were bumped down into the 20's.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:00 pm
Patrick wrote:
Well some movies still have James listed at #2 but I looked at the TF2 reviews and his wasn't listed at all. I remember when he first changed the site, his reviews were bumped down into the 20's.

Such is the price of progress. What do you think? Petition Time?

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:32 pm
apatt wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Such is the price of progress. What do you think? Petition Time?

I'd just recommend that you go to Rotten Tomatoes.com for reviews of films. IMDB's really only been good for getting straight information on actors/actresses/films/etc, IMO.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:42 pm
Site Admin

apatt wrote:

A few years ago, this would have been a serious problem. Today, it doesn't even register. 95% of my referrals come from Rotten Tomatoes, MRQE, Google searches, Yahoo!, etc. The IMDb links, even when they were current, weren't driving much traffic to the site any more, and almost none for newer movies. As a review repository, IMDb is no longer the venue of choice. That's why I'm not more aggressively pursuing getting this issue fixed. Conversely, when there was an issue with Google last year (a Chinese translation site had "hijacked" the ReelViews links), I was active in getting the problem corrected.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:06 am
Profile WWW