Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:47 am

Tell Me the Movie, Get a Free DVD 
Post Tell Me the Movie, Get a Free DVD
Hello all.

We've recently finished unpacking all of the miscellaneous objects that are generally left in boxes from move to move. Now that all the books are spoken for, the DVDs comfortably resting with one another without a stray spoon to spoil the homogeny, a duplicate DVD has been located.

And it's Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut. It's a two disc set with the following features:

DISC 1:

2.35:1 AR
Audio commentary with Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith
Subtitles in English, Spanish, Spanglish, Esperanto, and "Drunken Sorority Girl". Not the last three.

DISC 2:
Production diary w/ optional commentary by DoP Steven Poster
A doc on the cult behind the movie
Another doc on the cult behind the movie
Director's cut theatrical trailer
Storyboard-to-screen comparison featurette

It runs a truly spectacular 133 minutes (That's 18% Darko than the original cut!) and, here it is: I want you to have it.

But not for free. Not exactly.

For the past 10 or so years I've been searching for a movie title that has eluded me completely every step of the way. All I can give you is the following information and you'll have to take it from there:

*Scene taking place in entomology lab, 'father' shows son a large preserved beetle
*Sweaty man arrives home, locks self in bathroom, removes his face to reveal insect like person underneathe. The man? I remember him as being fat.
*People are impostors... lots of faces being removed

Not much to go on, I know. I can tell you it's not Mimic. I'm sure that doesn't help. I know those scenes are in the movie, I know the movie had to have been produced between 1976 and 1984, and I know that someone out there can help a man with an extra copy of Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut out.

There are no limits on entry... I'll ship it anywhere on this earth, no strings attached.

Good luck and... may God with a removable human face cause he's an alien underneathe be with you.

Please post all entries below and I'll let you know just as soon as I've verified it.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:36 am
Post Re: Tell Me the Movie, Get a Free DVD
Is it Meet the Applegates? I actually think I saw it back in the day.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:36 am
Negative.

I haven't seen the movie since the mid-80's at the very latest. At any rate, I would have seen it before my family got rid of cable television -- that was in 1984. Meet The Applegates, while a good guess, was apparently in 1990.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 am
man, I hate to say it, but I don't have an answer to your inquire. I do want the DVD, though, so I'll do some research and try to find out what movie might that be. one comment, though: it does sound like a very creepy, weird film :S

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 pm