So you're a True Blood fan then? ;)

That's a heavy accusation, PatRick.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 am
Post Re: Berardinelli's #2 actress
Evenflow8112 wrote:
aameen wrote:
oafolay wrote:
How about Ellen Page?

i like this. but i dont think she's got enough under her belt. i'll wait for the jane eyre movie to see, personally.

Personally, I would love to see what Ellen Page has under her belt.

Hmmm, what about James' bottom five actresses?

My picks:
Paris Hilton
Sean Young
Matthew McConaughey
Megan Fox
John Travolta in 'Hairspray'
What about Madonna and Britney Spears? I'm sure James has alot more contempt for them then Young or Fox.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Patrick wrote:
James Berardinelli wrote:
Anna Paquin.

So you're a True Blood fan then? ;)

That's a heavy accusation, PatRick.

Face it PhiLip, you're the only one who doesn't like True Blood.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:23 am
True Blood, that was where we first met Rambo, wasn't it? I don't recall her in there.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am
I guess I need to be pointed in the direction of good Anna Paquin performances, because the ones that I've seen haven't really made that much of an impression.....

She was just kinda "there" in Almost Famous and Buffalo Soldiers and X-Men.

I'll take Amy Adams any day...

Last edited by Blonde Almond on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 am
Awf Hand wrote:
True Blood, that was where we first met Rambo, wasn't it? I don't recall her in there.

That was First Blood...where the blood was false but at least it came first.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:57 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Hmmm, what about James' bottom five actresses?

My picks:
Paris Hilton
Sean Young
Matthew McConaughey
Megan Fox
John Travolta in 'Hairspray'

LOL love how mcconaughey made the list. :lol:

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
I guess I need to be pointed in the direction of good Anna Paquin performances, because the ones that I've seen haven't really made that much of an impression.....

She was just kinda there in Almost Famous and Buffalo Soldiers and X-Men.

Seconded.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 pm
Patrick wrote:
Awf Hand wrote:

Set and spike. Thanks Patrick.

I would like to read about JB's "worst" list as well, but I 'think' I've read enough to believe he might not do that here. -That part about posting things on line vs. saying them in person. But, hell, what do I know. I've never won the 'know James' competition.

Altough, if JB ever met Juliet Lewis, I'd be curious how their conversation would go...

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Anna Paquin.

I thought I was going out on a limb with this guess; people can sure surprise you from time to time!

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Awf Hand wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Awf Hand wrote:

Set and spike. Thanks Patrick.

I would like to read about JB's "worst" list as well, but I 'think' I've read enough to believe he might not do that here. -That part about posting things on line vs. saying them in person. But, hell, what do I know. I've never won the 'know James' competition.

Altough, if JB ever met Juliet Lewis, I'd be curious how their conversation would go...

Let me guess:

Juliette Lewis: ABALKHRAL;KDSHF;LAKMN;LKBHA;LKHAKLDJFHA;LKGHAK;LDFJGHAERIN';BAKLHSDFA!!!!

JB: *backs away slowly, then runs away*

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:29 pm
Now, I'd like to see James met Michael Rapaport, another one of his "favorite" actors, and see what happens there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:44 pm
oafolay wrote:
Now, I'd like to see James met Michael Rapaport, another one of his "favorite" actors, and see what happens there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, if James was annoyed with Rapaport in his films, then he would REALLY hate Rapaport's sitcom War At Home, admittedly Rapaport is an actor you either love or hate, and I love him, i've actually seen some films that I wouldn't otherwise watch, such as Live Free Or Die and Triggermen, almost solely for the fact that they had Rapaport in them, plus I LOVED him in war At Home, I was SOOOO pissed at Fox for cancelling it. Back to the topic at hand, James mentioned before in one Reelthoughts topic (forget which one) that "if nothing's working in a film then restlessness can set in at the 15 minute mark" , or for me, 10 minutes if the star is Van Damme" I'm pretty sure James isn't too fond of Van Damme at all considering that statement.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:53 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

I like the Christina Ricci and Amy Adams guesses. They're not right, but both of them are up there on my "list." Meryl Streep is beyond lists and classifications. I don't really think of her in terms of being a "favorite," even though she's arguably the best actress working today.

Mr. Berardinelli,

I was wondering where Kate Winslet figures into your "favorite actresses" list. She seemed to be the most popular guess before you gave your hint, although you haven't explicitly addressed her in your comments thus far. Is she up there on your list (like Ricci and Adams), beyond lists (like Streep), or have we overestimated the fondness you have for her? Thanks.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 pm
Patrick( as edited by me) wrote:
Let me guess:

Juliette Lewis: ABALKHRAL;KDSHF;LAKMN;LKBHA;LKHAKLDJFHA;LKGHAK;LDFJGHAERIN';BAKLHSDFA!!!!

JB: calm down. have some dip.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 pm
Moovy1 wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:

She was just kinda there in Almost Famous and Buffalo Soldiers and X-Men.

Seconded.

third-ed.

Patrick wrote:
...with a vengeance

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 pm
I got a question, is the favorite actress list how hot somebody is or how good an actress someone is or both?

Oh, and here's what I think the conversation between JB and Rapaport goes.

Rapaport: Hey! Anybody got change? Come on! I was in Kiss of Death with that talking gorilla who looked like Nicholas Cage?

*JB comes walking around the corner*

JB: Michael Rapaport! I thought you weren't homeless.
Rapaport: Yeah, well The War at Home got canceled and I can't act so no one will hire me. So you gotta any change?
JB: No, but stop sucking and get a job!

*JB then walks away slowly before running off*

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:42 pm
Patrick wrote:
I got a question, is the favorite actress list how hot somebody is or how good an actress someone is or both?

i think its super beautiful actress, who can act. otherwise, as much as this saddens me, i dont think zooy would top it.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm
Producer

Anna Paquin hasn't really done anything of note in a long while IMO.

I've only seen one episode of True Blood but from what I saw, it's okay but nothing special. It's overrated.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:52 pm
So it all comes down to two words: Anna Paquin. Pages and pages of guesses, hours logged trying to get into a film critic's mind... sound and fury, Berardinelli, sound and fury!

Just in case I ever start a thread about favorites I offer these tantalizing hints:

Ellen Burstyn
William Holden
Robert Altman
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:49 am