Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 am

Gwyneth Paltrow 
Post Gwyneth Paltrow
A rather scathing review on the actress...

http://videogum.com/archives/late-night ... 72751.html

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm
Post Re: Gwyneth Paltrow
A bit of a hatchet job though, no? I'm not a big fan, but she's a decent actress in the right role. As for what she does with canola oil, well I couldn't care less. She certainly doesn't bother me like Sarah Jessica Parker for instance.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:44 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
A bit of a hatchet job though, no? I'm not a big fan, but she's a decent actress in the right role. As for what she does with canola oil, well I couldn't care less. She certainly doesn't bother me like Sarah Jessica Parker for instance.

Yep, that's pretty much how I would describe her. A decent actress in the right role. What stands out in my mind foremost is her performance in Great Expectations way back in 1998, though overall she does have a good resume of films.

Quote:
She certainly doesn't bother me like Sarah Jessica Parker for instance.

That's only because she's much, much hotter than SJP. 8-)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm
Moovy1 wrote:
Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't argue with that!

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:22 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Moovy1 wrote:
Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't argue with that!

IMO, a shaved gorilla is more attractive than SJP. Then again, I don't find Paltrow that hot either- I can totally see why Brad Pitt dumped her to go with Jennifer Aniston.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 pm
Quote:
IMO, a shaved gorilla is more attractive than SJP. Then again, I don't find Paltrow that hot either- I can totally see why Brad Pitt dumped her to go with Jennifer Aniston.

I agree. In Great Expectations, though, she was quite convincingly hot.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 pm
lets not get carried away here.

and paltrow has a certain silent beauty i like.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 pm
aameen wrote:

Ah... so that's what Matthew Broderick sees when he opens his eyes first thing in the morning. She's got a really natural kind of beauty. It's just a plus that she can peel a banana with her feet.

EDIT: for the record, neither aameen nor myself think of SJP as a shaved chimp. When I think of SJP I think of SanDeE* from L.A. Story and when I think of SanDeE* I think "she's cute."

Last edited by majoraphasia on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
Ah... so that's what Matthew Broderick sees when he opens his eyes first thing in the morning. She's got a really natural kind of beauty. It's just a plus that she can peel a banana with her feet.

what the hell....

funny, but my post doesn't suggest that im posting a picture of parker. im confused...well not confused, but im wondering....why?

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:17 pm
aameen wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

what the hell....

funny, but my post doesn't suggest that im posting a picture of parker. im confused...well not confused, but im wondering....why?

Ah... because I managed to become temporarily blind, apparently. I didn't actually read the words "lets not get carried away here" and thus my 100% douchebag post. Sorry, aameen. I'll edit to make amends.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
aameen wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

what the hell....

Ah... because I managed to become temporarily blind, apparently. I didn't actually read the words "lets not get carried away here" and thus my 100% douchebag post. Sorry, aameen. I'll edit to make amends.

no need to apologise. it was funny. confusing, yes, but funny. also, i really dont care for sjp. so, compare her to any mammal you like. :)

im kinda at fault too, actually, i intended to put a picture of her up too for comparison and apparently, i forgot.

PS-aapologies for calling your wife fungal. i took a bit of comedic lisence.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:17 am
aameen wrote:
PS-aapologies for calling your wife fungal. i took a bit of comedic lisence.

Strangely, I found that pretty funny. It was all in the context, my good sir.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:46 am
Wait.....somebody on this forum owns a monkey they named SJP?

:?:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 am
aameen wrote:

and paltrow has a certain silent beauty i like.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAA- wait, wait...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Oh, nice post, seriously- I nearly ruptured something reading it. But seriously, maybe I did go a bit too far- SJP still isn't attractive to me, though.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 pm
Moovy1 wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I did find Paltrow a bit attractive in Iron Man in the scene with her and Robert Downey Jr at the party.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Moovy1 wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I did find Paltrow a bit attractive in Iron Man in the scene with her and Robert Downey Jr at the party.

shit! aniston can't hold a candle to paltrow. c'mon people. am i the only one that remembers that bedroom scene in shakespeare in love. the one in which she's crying after reading the play. that just... beautiful is the word that comes to mind.

aniston is just a usual good looking chick. c'mon brothers.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 pm
SJP= Girl with weird hair in Flight of the Navigator...

Paltrow=hot sometimes...but then again makeup and lighting are amazing things for any actress...

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:55 pm
My fave with her in is Sliding Doors. I liked her in Shakespeare in Love, too. Looking at IMDB, it appears I haven't seen many of the shows she's done. Maybe I should rent Great Expectations now, though.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:54 pm
Colin wrote:
SJP= Girl with weird hair in Flight of the Navigator...

Paltrow=hot sometimes...but then again makeup and lighting are amazing things for any actress...

Exactly. You have to remember that Hollywood actresses have staffs that have the sole job of making them look their absolute best almost every time you see them. If the hotness of a Hollywood actress is up for debate, chances are they aren't hot. If they are only kind of hot at the times we see them looking their best, then when they look normal, they are probably just average. I think Gwyneth Paltrow fits into this category. I think SJP is still unattractive, even with all the help. The same goes for Kirsten Dunst.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:42 pm
In Sky Captain and the WoT, I found GP to be the perfect fit. She can look great in a period film like Shakespeare and Great Expectations (which wasn't all I'd hoped it would be), so that says it for me. She's ranked about equal to Gwen Stefani on my 'meter'.

The term 'butter face' was invented for SJP.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 pm