Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 am

Songs you hate from bands you love 
Post Re: Songs you hate from bands you love
They hit a rough patch in the 1980s, but it wasn't all bad. I can't imagine them without "Electric Eye," "Painkiller," or other such tunes from that era.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:49 am
Timmy Shoes wrote:
Timmy Shoes wrote:
I always thought the discussion of all things bad about Judas Priest began with the "Judas Priest Discography"

Ok, this might not be entirely fair. They had some (NOTE: [U]SOME/U]) good stuff before the 80's. But once they abandoned their bluesy roots, it was all downhill from there. Why listen to Judas Priest when you can listen to much better metal bands from the same era?

Wow, I can't say i've heard too many people hate on Priest like that, I personally loved they're 80s output, een the oft-disliked Turbo, I also dug they're stuff with Tim "ripper" Owens.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm
The material in the Ripper era was lackluster, but the man is a hell of a singer.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 pm
Vexer wrote:
Wow, I can't say i've heard too many people hate on Priest like that, I personally loved they're 80s output, een the oft-disliked Turbo, I also dug they're stuff with Tim "ripper" Owens.

They're amongst a long list of severely overrated bands.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Timmy Shoes wrote:
Vexer wrote:

i'd say Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones fit the severely overrated category far better.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:44 pm
Vexer wrote:
Timmy Shoes wrote:
Vexer wrote:

i'd say Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones fit the severely overrated category far better.

I'd say that statement robs you of all musical credibility ( At least, in the Musical Book of Timmy Shoes). Judas Priest better than Led Zeppelin and the Stones? You must be bangin 7 gram rocks with Charlie Sheen to say something that crazy and nonsensical.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm
I never said they were "better" I'd just much rather listen to Priest, besides what the hell do you care if I prefer them over Zep and The Stones? :roll:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:12 pm
Of course I talk about sucessful bad songs by bands I like - album filler material doesn't qualify.
Body Language by Queen
Illegal Alien by Genesis
Too Much Information by The Police

Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 pm
Oh, come now. Who doesn't want to hear Phil Collins affecting a silly accent while he tries to rhyme "fun" with "alien"?

Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 am
Patrick wrote:
I love, love Judas Priest but there are some songs of theirs I find horrible like Beyond the Realms of Death, Screaming for Vengeance, Sinner and Delivering the Goods.

BTROD is incredible!

No opinion on the rest.

Sun May 08, 2011 2:56 am