Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Deep Thoughts...by Jack Handey 
Post Deep Thoughts...by Jack Handey
I may be (somewhat) dating myself here...man I hope not. :| I remember this from SNL years back and thought it was so hilarious that I had a few I committed to memory. Of course, one could do an internet search if they so desired and read a whole bunch of em'...So anyway...does anyone out there have a favorite? Here's a couple of mine:

Probably the saddest thing that I have ever seen...is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. -- Deeeeeeep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.
-- Deeeeeep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

And this gem I found on YouTube, with the original introductory voice from SNL (Phil Hartman, I believe).

Carl's Wing -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ax96iVmTCI

Mon May 25, 2009 10:53 pm
Post Re: Deep Thoughts...by Jack Handey
I wish I had a kryptonite cross so I can keep Dracula and Superman away.

Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Patrick wrote:
I wish I had a kryptonite cross so I can keep Dracula and Superman away.

Ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Mon May 25, 2009 11:00 pm
The guy is a funny -- he wrote a piece for The New Yorker that broke down his vision on a nature documentary featuring an unwilling monkey riding an unwilling giraffe.

As for Deep Thoughts, I always liked:

-Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

-The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

-Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window.

-Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.

Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 pm
My favorite one:

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone."

Tue May 26, 2009 3:43 am
majoraphasia wrote:
The guy is a funny -- he wrote a piece for The New Yorker that broke down his vision on a nature documentary featuring an unwilling monkey riding an unwilling giraffe.

Thanks so much for that link! That was hilarious. I've been a fan of Deep Thoughts for some time now.

A good one: Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Tue May 26, 2009 2:32 pm
Quote:
-Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.

LOLOL. Man that guy is good. I really hadn't thought to look up his current undertakings but I'm gonna go Wikipedia him and see what he's up to.

Quote:
he wrote a piece for The New Yorker that broke down his vision on a nature documentary featuring an unwilling monkey riding an unwilling giraffe.

T.S Eliot said that good poetry communicates before it's understood, and man, that is some great poetry. :lol:

Tue May 26, 2009 5:45 pm
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door. :lol:

Fri May 29, 2009 3:33 pm