Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 am

Thoughts on PETA... 
Post Re: Thoughts on PETA...
derangedperson wrote:
Their hearts are in the right place, but they're freakin' crackpots. To quote Carlos Mencia:

"I don't eat anything alive!"

"Well, enjoy this tasty rock!"

show this man a stove.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 pm
aameen wrote:
derangedperson wrote:
Their hearts are in the right place, but they're freakin' crackpots. To quote Carlos Mencia:

show this man a stove.

So that he can...cook the rock?

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 pm
PETA's monetary support of Rodney Coronado, in my opinion, is enough to rest the question of whether or not they're a benign organization. Never mind the classical hypocrisy of Mary Beth Sweetland, whose diabetes treatments wouldn't exist without lab animal research. (Remember that scene in X-Men when Wolverine calls out Magneto for putting Rogue in the machine instead of himself? Same thing, albeit with less superpowers.)

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm
Ken wrote:
PETA's monetary support of Rodney Coronado, in my opinion, is enough to rest the question of whether or not they're a benign organization. Never mind the classical hypocrisy of Mary Beth Sweetland, whose diabetes treatments wouldn't exist without lab animal research. (Remember that scene in X-Men when Wolverine calls out Magneto for putting Rogue in the machine instead of himself? Same thing, albeit with less superpowers.)

And I love her reply basically saying she was an exception because she was fighting for animal rights.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
aameen wrote:
derangedperson wrote:

show this man a stove.

hmm....a futile task, if you ask me. a stove isn't powerful enough.no no nno no no no no. i mean so he doesn't have to eat anything alive. get it? get it? get it?

of course you get it.

love the thing about mary beth sweetland.

love the name too.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 pm
aameen wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

hmm....a futile task, if you ask me. a stove isn't powerful enough.no no nno no no no no. i mean so he doesn't have to eat anything alive. get it? get it? get it?

I apologise in advance for this...

I get it. You could say that I can smell what the rock is cooking...

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:59 pm
Patrick wrote:
Ken wrote:

And I love her reply basically saying she was an exception because she was fighting for animal rights.
Hey, how else is Magneto supposed to continue the cause for mutant freedom? I mean... er... well, you know what I mean.

PETA doesn't seem to be content with promoting animal rights. They seem to have an active interest in shaping a society that cares for animals more than itself. That's sociopathic by definition. I don't think their hearts could be in a wronger place.

(I wasn't sure if "wronger" was a word as I typed it, but Firefox's spell check informs me that it is.)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 am