Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 am

Does anyone think the mods may have failed at their roles? 
Second Unit Director

Post Does anyone think the mods may have failed at their roles?
abcd..

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 am
Auteur

Post Re: Does anyone think the mods may have failed at their roles?
Wow, talk about flame bait.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am
Director

I honestly don't know what you're talking about, wisey.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

No.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm
Second Unit Director

KWRoss gives me hope.

When Pedro is actually here he'll actually do his job.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm
Second Unit Director

Does anyone think this thread is unnecessary?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Pretty sure this is just a joke topic.

Regardless, if anyone has any actual problems with the way the mods run things, just PM us.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm
Cinematographer

I've always thought that anyone that actually steps up to that task is admirable just for spending the time (any time) at it. I'll do a lot of things just because they need to be done and no one else will, but not even going to try being a forum moderator. I admire them in that regard even if I don't like their management tactics.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:51 am
Producer

No

Societies are defined by participation, not regulation.

The forum has been damaged by the free will of good posters who CHOSE to leave.

But that's life, kid!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:45 pm
Second Unit Director

NotHughGrant wrote:
No

But that's life, kid!

Look mate, I know you're right.. but shouldn’t a moderator have a bit of a responsibility to grow this fucking site too? (Especially now..?) James Kunz is the only moderator that creates topics on a weekly basis and really puts in the effort to keep this site going. Without having access to the numbers, I'd bet he's created about 25% of the new topics that you haven't created over the past year Lee. I can't fucking stand the guy and think his viewpoints on "plot holes" are laughably bad, but the cunt has a dip. It's impossible not to respect him for the effort he's put in. He doesn’t speak shit even if he believes Kevin Costner carrying a gun on a bridge is a plot hole and that’s perfectly cool, he’s allowed a few moments of madnesss for the effort he’s made.

Pedro and KWRoss seem like ripping, logical blokes, but what have they done to enhance this site over the last year? Start up one thread a month; ban a couple of people...?? No, no.. Yes.

Mate, they should be over at IMDB cherry picking the people that aren't 14-year-old teenages, inviting/saying they are "global moderators" (you'll see my name in bold light green) for a site that was the godfather of all film reviews sites. Perhaps that would create some action..

After recruiting say ten "rookies" write to Pete and Ken etc and beg them to come back and keep posting here. Go around to there houses personally and chat with their families. Buy them biscuits.

Seriously though, it wouldn't be hard to get too much more movement through this forum if you could be bothered.

I know I sound like a whining, pestering little fuckstick, but where else on the internet world would you find a thread like this http://www.reelviews.net/reelviewsforum ... s+anderson ??

Now lets rock this puppy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYhfCkRxyE

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am
Second Unit Director

wisey wrote:

Look mate, I know you're right.. but shouldn’t a moderator have a bit of a responsibility to grow this fucking site too? (Especially now..?)

Nope. Mods are there to keep order, not to grow the site. If a forum fail, it's the fault of its members not the fault of it's mods

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 pm
Director

I've gone out and asked people through social media to join up, but no one has followed through. One thing no one mentioned here is that joining the site is a lot more convoluted now than it used to be. Thanks to all the spam we used to have, you now have to email JB to create a username. That's WAY more cumbersome than simply signing up the way you do with most sites. Most people lead busy lives and have a variety of interests/hobbies, and they need a process like this to be as quick and convenient as possible.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm
Critic

wisey wrote:
Look mate, I know you're right.. but shouldn’t a moderator have a bit of a responsibility to grow this fucking site too? (Especially now..?) James Kunz is the only moderator that creates topics on a weekly basis and really puts in the effort to keep this site going. Without having access to the numbers, I'd bet he's created about 25% of the new topics that you haven't created over the past year Lee. I can't fucking stand the guy and think his viewpoints on "plot holes" are laughably bad, but the cunt has a dip. It's impossible not to respect him for the effort he's put in. He doesn’t speak shit even if he believes Kevin Costner carrying a gun on a bridge is a plot hole and that’s perfectly cool, he’s allowed a few moments of madnesss for the effort he’s made.

...thanks, I guess? I don't remember what point I made about Kevin Costner carrying a gun on a bridge though :)

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:20 pm
Producer

wisey wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
No

But that's life, kid!

Pedro and KWRoss seem like ripping, logical blokes, but what have they done to enhance this site over the last year? Start up one thread a month; ban a couple of people...?? No, no.. Yes.

Mate, they should be over at IMDB cherry picking the people that aren't 14-year-old teenages, inviting/saying they are "global moderators" (you'll see my name in bold light green) for a site that was the godfather of all film reviews sites. Perhaps that would create some action..

After recruiting say ten "rookies" write to Pete and Ken etc and beg them to come back and keep posting here. Go around to there houses personally and chat with their families. Buy them biscuits.

Seriously though, it wouldn't be hard to get too much more movement through this forum if you could be bothered.

I know I sound like a whining, pestering little fuckstick, but where else on the internet world would you find a thread like this http://www.reelviews.net/reelviewsforum ... s+anderson ??

Now lets rock this puppy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYhfCkRxyE

I agree it's dipped recently.

Ken leaving has left a chasm because he brought quantity and quality. Mark brought a lot but in bursts so intense i burns out for a year at a time. Pete's been quiet too.

I've been shit. But i have genuinly busy as bastard recently. I've just moved house and haven't got NetFlix back yet cause i'm too busy and YES, lazy too. Things are shit at work. I could walk out any minute. I've fucking had it there! And my social life is dead. My mates are locked into their family routines or working away every weekend. I feel like a sad middle aged fuck sometimes.

BUT, i will rise again. like Batman, Arnie and fucking Rocky all at once!

Yes I will!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm
Producer

JamesKunz wrote:
wisey wrote:

...thanks, I guess? I don't remember what point I made about Kevin Costner carrying a gun on a bridge though :)

The Untouchables

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:03 pm
Critic

Aha, I believe my actual point (which I stand by) was that

It's pretty poor plotting (not a plot hole, that's different) that Kevin Costner *knows* Sean Connery must be a great cop who will help him stop organized crime solely because of Sean Connery's ability to detect a gun under Costner's clothes.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:02 pm
Producer

Oh James, it was a microcosm for Connery's gut intinct for being a cop.

Stop taking it so literally

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 pm
Second Unit Director

NotHughGrant wrote:

He knew it was 'The Untouchables,' he's just doing that teacher thing. For the record: If James Kunz doesn't like a scene or a film there is obviously some definite plotting issues or plot holes. When the film is respected as highly as say, The Untouchables, The Dark Knight or The Prestige, well that's when it’s time to really dissect it, okay! :)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:16 am
Critic

wisey wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:

He knew it was 'The Untouchables,' he's just doing that teacher thing. For the record: If James Kunz doesn't like a scene or a film there is obviously some definite plotting issues or plot holes. When the film is respected as highly as say, The Untouchables, The Dark Knight or The Prestige, well that's when it’s time to really dissect it, okay! :)

Or perhaps I bring up plot holes in movies that have plot holes? The thing I find weird is that you get so offended. Movies should have well-constructed plots, no? It doesn't mean I hate the movie. Chinatown is one of my favorite movies of all time and its entire plot is predicated on a huge hole. Which I made a thread about a few years back. I still love the movie

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:50 pm
Director

One thing I realized in the 18 years I've been online: You can't do a thing about group dynamics in cyberspace. People will come and go as they please. Alliances shift. The trolls of last week can become the good reads of this week. And so on.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 am