Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Slumdog and Dark Knight... 
Post Re: Slumdog and Dark Knight...
James Berardinelli wrote:
Trevor wrote:
I haven't noticed the mainstream media trying to take down Slumdog at all yet, but I've noticed an internet backlash definitely, especially on AwardsDaily.com.

Actually, at the time, some pundits cited a backlash against SPR for Shakespeare's victory, although that's oversimplifying things. But it is true that popular early Oscar favorites often face a wave of negativity from those who have nothing better to do than be negative and/or contrary. That's why there has never been a unanimous entry into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

I do this, simply because i resent being told how to feel, or to like a movie. It's why I dislike romcom soundtracks (now its the funny part, laugh, now its the sweet part, say aww. No Country For Old Men was excellent as there was no music to prompt me). I try to catch movies before I see much of the trailer, or before all the 'wow it's great' hype. Having said that, I enjoy reviews, and read them before and after I see a movie.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:31 am
Post Re: Slumdog and Dark Knight...
look it's a media thing.
The media love to build up a smallish film ( underdog story).
Then once this has happened. the media love knocking them back down again.

This is also true when the medai deal with anything at all.
Let it be a story, people etc. anything.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:48 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2