Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
THE OFFICIAL BERARDINELLI OSCARS LIVE COMMENTARY THREAD 
Site Admin

Post Re: THE OFFICIAL BERARDINELLI OSCARS LIVE COMMENTARY THREAD
Having gone through that whole thing, now I remember why I DVR'd the whole thing the past few years. And it had been getting shorter - now all the sudden it's back to 3 1/2 hours. No award show need to be 3 1/2 hours. I have no opinion whatsoever about Hugh Jackman because he was pretty much invisible. Just goes to show that a host is not needed. Just do like what they did with Will Smith. Give eight or nine presenters their own group of presentations.

The biggest disappointment, though, is that all the lip service to how this ceremony was going to be "different" and "spontaneous" turned out to be BS. This was just as pre-packaged as anything in the past few years. There were plenty of opportunities to do some really delicious things and none of them happened.

Can't promise I'm going to do this next year, but we'll see where we are in 12 months' time.

Did I miss it, or was Star Trek not in the end credits montage?

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12