Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Registration for Forums (Updated February 2014) 
Site Admin

Post Registration for Forums (Updated February 2014)
Due to incessant spamming of the ReelViews forums, I have been forced to change the manner by which new members register.

Registration is no longer available directly to new users. Instead, in order to register, you will need to send me an e-mail requesting an account. In the e-mail, I need the following three pieces of information:

(1) preferred username (at least six characters) - if it's already "taken," I'll contact you to request another one
(2) password (at least six characters) - once the account is activated, you can either keep this or change it. Your choice.
(3) active e-mail address - this is the address where the confirmation e-mails will be sent. If it's invalid and they bounce, the registration process won't be completed.

Send the e-mail to jamesb@reelviews.net

In most cases, I process requests fairly quickly. This procedure applies to those who are registering for the first time or re-registering because their account was deleted.

Sorry if this seems burdensome but closing down the open registration process has made the forums a cleaner, relatively spam-free place.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]