Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage" 
Author Message
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
Total complete cop-out.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Maybe I'm biased because I'm an Atheist. But for Pete's sake, don't give us two years of "All will be revealed" teasers to have the reveal be God. If you're going to be character focused, then be character focused and skip the sequence of unexplainable events that in the end are left unexplained.


PS - These spoiler tags rock.


Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 pm
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
I_Am_Not_Herbert wrote:
Total complete cop-out.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Maybe I'm biased because I'm an Atheist. But for Pete's sake, don't give us two years of "All will be revealed" teasers to have the reveal be God. If you're going to be character focused, then be character focused and skip the sequence of unexplainable events that in the end are left unexplained.


PS - These spoiler tags rock.


I'm a theist ("a" "theist," two words) and I absolutely agree.


Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 am
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
I just watched the ending. I was a late comer to the show, only having started watching it on DVD about two months ago. Loved, loved, loved the show. I didn't like the last five minutes. I see the point that they were trying to make about modern society, but why does everything done nowadays have to have a twist ending? What happened to straight-forward storytelling?
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Hera's importance could have been that she spawned a new era on Earth for the humans, not necessarily for us. Plus, she's just one of our ancestors. Every other colonist is just as important as her in spawning our current civilization.


As for Starbuck:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
So she was "Daniel," the #7 Cylon who was put in storage because Ellen loved him most? That's what I think, but it wasn't made very explicitly clear, but they had not-too-subtle hints during the last ten episodes. And what about her being the "harbinger of death, who will lead the human race to its extinction?"


Overall, this is still one of my favorite series of all time, despite the last five minutes.


Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 pm
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3061
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
mkratzer21 wrote:
As for Starbuck:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
So she was "Daniel," the #7 Cylon who was put in storage because Ellen loved him most? That's what I think, but it wasn't made very explicitly clear, but they had not-too-subtle hints during the last ten episodes.


[Reveal] Spoiler:
She wasn't Daniel. They really didn't explain what she was, other than the post-death image/spirit/something of her old self. Many have speculated that she was like the "head Baltar/head Six" except everyone could see her. Definitely not Daniel, though. Ron Moore said the only reason "Daniel" was mentioned was to explain why there was a "missing" model. He never intended to show "Daniel" and didn't intend for him to be Starbuck or Starbuck's father.


Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Also, there seems to be a considerable chance that the "Danial Mystery" will be somewhat answered by the new show, Caprica. It's all speculation at this point, but one never knows.


Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 am
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3061
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
derek wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Also, there seems to be a considerable chance that the "Danial Mystery" will be somewhat answered by the new show, Caprica. It's all speculation at this point, but one never knows.


[Reveal] Spoiler:
According to Ron Moore, there's no connection between the "Daniel" in CAPRICA and Daniel the Cylon. It's a coincidence and if he had it to do over again, he would have chosen a different name.


Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
First off, I apologise for my terrible spelling of "Daniel". Secondly, thanks for that little chunk of information.

Nevertheless, I am quite excited about Caprica, and also The Plan. Olmos thinks it will force fans to re-think the series, and perhaps prompt a re-viewing.


Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3061
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
derek wrote:
Nevertheless, I am quite excited about Caprica, and also The Plan. Olmos thinks it will force fans to re-think the series, and perhaps prompt a re-viewing.


Any excuse for a complete re-viewing is fine with me. :) The only problem is finding the time to do it.


Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
Indeed!

I must admit that I lost my way mid-way through season one, and it took a two week bout of flu to provide ample time to catch up with the rest of that season, plus seasons 2, 3 and the 1st half of four. Finding the time for a thorough re-appreciation would be very unlikely.


Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:10 am
Post Re: March 23, 2009: "Galactica's Last Voyage"
I_Am_Not_Herbert wrote:
Total complete cop-out.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Maybe I'm biased because I'm an Atheist. But for Pete's sake, don't give us two years of "All will be revealed" teasers to have the reveal be God. If you're going to be character focused, then be character focused and skip the sequence of unexplainable events that in the end are left unexplained.


PS - These spoiler tags rock.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I disagree, There were Theistic overtones throughout the entire series, especially near the end. It wasn't as if that theme was a surprise. Now if it had ended with Ronald Moore waking up and saying "What a crazy dream" THAT would have been a cop out.


Sun May 03, 2009 4:36 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr