Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 pm

January 10, 2010: "The Top 10 of 2010?" 
Post Re: January 10, 2010: "The Top 10 of 2010?"
ed_metal_head wrote:
I dig homages and all, but is anyone else bothered by the first shot in the Shutter Island trailer? You know, the one with Leo hugging the specter. Straight from Sunrise, no?

I wish I had everyone else's enthusiasm for this film, but this is easily the least excited I've ever been for a Scorsese film.
Oh i'm not excited for it either, not one bit, because i honestly think it looks like one of the worst films of 2010, I just don't think Scorcese is cut out to direct horror, that's sounds just as ridiculous as having someone like say Roland Emmerich directing a drama film.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm
It seems that there is less and less to look forward to as the years progress; however I still hold out hope for 2010 and the new decade, mainly because of the first movie on this list. As I see it right now there are three movies in this year that are capable of receiving four stars, Inception, Shutter Island, and Robin Hood. Judging by previews the rest will be 3- 3 and a half star movies, though maybe one of these will sneak up, or hopefully there will be a movie not on this list to get up to that lofty height of four stars. it is also more than likely that some of these films will fall down to 2 2 1/2 stars. My list is.

1. Inception: Words can't describe the anticipation and excitement I have for this film. MOST ANTICIPATED FILM EVER.
2. Shutter Island: Scorsese, need I say more.
3. Robin Hood: Ridley Scott and Russel Crowe, looks very similar to another film involving these two men....
4. Green Zone
5. Wolfman
6. Iron Man 2
7.Machete
8. The Expendables
9. Kick Ass
10. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: I have read the series numerous times, and loved every page of it, but I have never really liked the movies.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 pm
Gaffer

My top 10 most anticipated for 2010 (ordered by release date)

Shutter Island - the trailer looks bad, but its Scorsece and Dicaprio, and that alone keeps me interested
Green Zone - Bourne but not Bourne? I'll give it a chance.
I Love You Philip Morris - I haven't been excited for a Jim Carrey movie in a long time, but this one actually sounds funny. Hopefully he doesn't screw it up.
MacGruber - [intense anthemic voice] MacGruber!!! [/intense anthemic voice] Seriously, I don't know how they're going to stretch one joke into a movie, but I'm very curious.
Iron Man 2 - Sophomore slump? Hopefully not.
Robin Hood - The trailer did not impress me, but I'm hopeful.
Toy Story 3 - I thought Up would be Pixar's first failure. I was deadly wrong. Now I don't question, I just anticipate.
Knight and Day - This could be really bad, but the trailer hooked me.
Inception - Need I say anything...
Harry Potter VII Part I - I didn't like the last one because it just seemed like a giant lead in to this one - so here's hoping its good.

And finally, the movie that I am least anticipating, but that I will see both because I will be dragged to it and because I'm a sucker for that kind of crap, is Eclipse.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 pm